Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 16



Along: 16 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is the size of an avocado. Peanut's legs are much more developed and his/her head is more erect than it has been. The ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of the scalp has begun, though the locks aren't recognizable yet. Peanut's heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I would guess in the past week I've gained 3-5 pounds. I am in the "thick" stage. It looks like I've had a couple too many doughnuts.

Maternity Clothes: None yet

Gender: I am going to say GIRL! I know, I changed from last week. I keep dreaming of pink bows and little tutus.

Movement: Yes! I crave sugar again with this preganancy. After a good rice krispy treat or a big bowl of ice cream, peanut's going NUTS! It is so fun. I absolutely love baby movement.

Sleep: I sleep a lot. I think I usually get about 8-10 hours a night, but it is still a lot of tossing and turning- not the hard rem cycle sleep I love. I also could use a power nap around 2 or 3 every day. This does occasionally happen on the weekends, and boy do I love it!

What I miss: I miss having my clothes fit.

Cravings: Rice Krispy treats, chocolate, fruit, peanutbutter, dark coffee with chocolate chips and milk, and cottage cheese.

Symptoms: I still have aversion to small spaces or being touched. I feel slightly nauseous a lot of the day, but I can eat so I'm not complaining!


Best Moment This Week: Matt graduating from the University of Texas and getting to spend time with friends to celebrate. We had a lunch with our neighbors after the graduation. Noah and EEE-HAAA (this is how Noah says her name and she is a foster child so I can't give any more details than that) made Matt a graduation card. Alice, the sweet-sweet foster mom, also bought cupcakes and made a delicious pasta salad. They watched Noah for us while we were at Matt's graduation and surprised us with a celebration afterwards. We love them! For dinner that night, we had fun with the Friedecks over at their house! You saw the post- LOADS AND LOADS OF FUN! It was such a great weekend. We are BLESSED! 

How I feel about people invading my personal space!

No comments:

Post a Comment