Wednesday, October 26, 2011

40 weeks: Baby Clem could be right on TIME!

Status: Contractions are here. Noah could be here in the next couple hours or next couple days. Right now we are at home- tracking the contractions.  Noah- WE ARE SO EXCITED TO MEET YOU!

Along: 40 weeks



Size of baby:  He is the size of a pumpkin. He is anywhere between 6 to 7 pounds and 17 to 22 inches. Interesting fact about Noah Nugget-his skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason his noggin may look a little cone/misshaped head when he comes out! If that’s the case, we have some pretty cute little hats to put on him to cover it up.

Weight gain:  26 -28 pounds. It differs every day. I’m thinking by the time it is all over I’ll be around 27 pounds. I’m perfectly comfortable with that amount, and I don’t think I’ll have too much trouble losing it. If I do, I do-I don’t really care as long as my boy is healthy.

Maternity Clothes:    Yes. At this point, any pressure on the belly is miserable, so I try to find the most loose and comfortable clothing as possible.

 Gender:  A BOY! Noah Walker Clem.

Movement:  Yes. It’s slowing down. *Another sign that labor is near* On Sunday he was going crazy as we watched the Browns play against the Seahawks. Today, he has been awfully quiet.

Sleep: It’s been tough. Last night, I had Braxton hicks/contractions about once every hour or two very irregularly. I did not sleep much. Needless to say, I treated myself to a decaf mocha from Starbucks. It was amazing and quite a nice way to start off my morning. We even got a free coupon for another drink if we filled out a survey. I have a feeling this might come to great use on a sleepless night with Noah.

What I miss:    Nothing at this point. I’m just ready to meet my little nugget!

Cravings:  Last night I craved Luby’s mac n cheese. I was even craving it for lunch this afternoon. This is super random because despite Jenna, Dan, and Whitney's love- I hate Luby’s!

Symptoms: Braxton hicks, Sciatica, Discomfort, and CONTRACTIONS. I was having them off and on last night and had them all day today. They went from about once an hour last night and we are at about once every ten minutes right now (7 pm). I’ve had some other symptoms as well that are signs of labor- I’ve decided not to give the blog details. If you are pregnant and want to know, we will talk. I think I’ll keep this blog G-rated.

Best Moment This Week:   There have been so many best moments.

Two of my sweet co-workers brought me home today after lunch because they could tell I wasn’t feeling too great. It’s amazing to have support from such wonderful people. Work is still busy and clients are always calling, but they were more worried about my safety. I work in a pretty special place!


Dad, Mom, Matt, and I all played putt-putt on Sunday. It was a blast and I ALMOST beat my dad. My family is very competitive. I think the belly was a hindrance- so a rematch will have to happen after Noah is born. A funny side note- we were trying our luck with golf because my mom actually played golf the day before I was born. We were hoping that this would induce labor for Noah too. Obviously, we were unsuccessful, but it was a special moment and a great last weekend to spend with my family before Noah comes!

Matt set up all Noah’s decorations yesterday and got the house all tidied up. See the pictures below.
Matt's cute little set up for Noah's nook.

His Ark Awaits!

The hot spot on the apartment. :)

There will be more pictures to come and stories to follow. Stay tuned- our Noah nugget should arrive here in the next day or two! We are praying for an easy delivery and a healthy boy. God has already been so gracious. We could not be more thankful! :)
Peace, Love, and Noah,
Natalie

1 comment:

  1. You are so adorable!! I'm so glad you blog and share it all through facebook because I would never know all of these fun moments otherwise! Praying for you and can't wait to see pictures of little Noah!

    ReplyDelete