Wednesday, October 19, 2011

39 weeks: One Week Away!


Along: 39 weeks


Size of baby:  He is the size of a mini watermelon. He is somewhere around 6 pounds. He’s a cute little peanut! The placenta is providing him with critical antibodies to help protect him from infections once he comes into this world. He is still building a layer of fat and packing on the chub.

Weight gain:  26 pounds. It might be more, I’ll know on Thursday. There have been lots of sweets around the office plus delicious meals provided by the firm and my mom. Let’s just say Matt and I have not gone hungry this past week. Noah is getting to try lots of different delicious food.  

Maternity Clothes:    Yes. I love maternity clothes especially pants. Pants with stretchy belly bands are a gift from God. It’s nice because at the end of the day, the pants expand with you. I never have to worry about not being able to button them or too much pressure on the belly due to a zipper and a button. I seriously wish it was socially acceptable to wear them all the time.

 Gender:  A BOY! Noah Walker Clem.

Movement:  Yes. It’s painful. He is jabbing my ribs and keeping up the boxing moves. He moves all over the place all the time. I feel him get hiccups once or twice a day. It’s a the CUTEST thing ever.

Sleep: I’ve been exhausted at night. I’m ready for bed by 9. I have to get up all the time to use the restroom, so I don’t’ think I really have a full restful night sleep. I can’t complain though, I am sleeping at least 7 to 8 hours. The mornings are always exciting. Every morning this week, Noah has liked getting his exercise on. It usually wakes me up around 6. I think he’s going to be a morning nugget like his mom.   

What I miss:     I miss being able to go for walks and exercise. I’m officially on the bench for walking. I have way too much pressure for it to be comfortable and worth the pain. I’m very excited to get Noah out on the BOB and toodle around Townlake.

Cravings:  Chocolate Milk and Pineapple

Symptoms: Fatigue, Braxton hicks, Sciatica, and Discomfort. He’s due in a week. Ladies and Gentlemen- the bun is ready to come out of the oven! With that being said, I realize that all these symptoms are worth it and good signs of growth! They will be gone before I know it.

Best Moment This Week:   Yesterday, my co-workers surprised me with a lunch shower. They planned it all behind my back and I had NO idea.   They said we were having a post 10/17 lunch, but when we arrived at Z Tejas, they had reserved a table and even invited Matt to celebrate with us.  It was so thoughtful, and Matt and I feel so blessed for me to be in a workplace that is so supportive of Noah. Noah received some super cute clothes and a gift card to Baby R Us. Matt and I plan to head over there Thursday to pick up last minute little baby goodies.
Matt and I before my co-workers wedding! He cleans up nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment