Monday, October 17, 2011

Oh Boy Oh Boy! Shower #1

Forgive me, I missed the mark. I didn’t get the baby shower blog posts entered this weekend- too much football, family, friends, and cleaning to do before our little nugget arrives. Two weeks after the first shower, I’m now posting . Sorry for the delay!

This amazing shower was thrown by Grandma Pat, my mom, and Matt’s mom. Let me just say- it was WONDERFUL- food, decorations, games -ALL of it.

Laurie and me with the puppies. She was the game Emcee for the afternoon!
Grandma, Sisters, Natalie, and Noah :)
 The decorations were beyond precious. My grandma found the cutest little plates, napkins, etc. that said “sweet prince” with little blue sneakers. My mom had beautiful fall flower arrangements everywhere plus God gave us perfect fall weather. It was such a treat to actually be able to be both inside and outside during this shower. Everything went so smoothly- even Mayberry enjoyed socializing with all the girls!

Sooooooo cute!

Matt’s mom did all the shower games. They were all a hit. We first played “What’s in your purse”. It was a game that involved everybody going through their purse and getting points for certain items. The big points came if you carried a flash drive. My Aunt Angie smoked us all- she had over 100 points. I had a measly 13 points mostly from some grocery reward point cards and a compact mirror. I’m a competitor, but obviously I do not stock my purse correctly. Maybe next time I'll make sure to throw everything I own in my purse- Angie obviously has the right idea. :)

Big Game Winner (Did she cheat? That is what I'd like to know)

The next game Matt’s mom introduced  to the group was “Name that Baby Food.” She took the labels off of ten different baby foods and we had to go through and guess what each jar looked like. (No, we did not try them. It was all a matter of sight). I actually won this game. I got three out of the ten correct. It was quite the shocker since most of the woman there have kids or have taken care of infants much more than I have.

My old babysitters and their mom plus baby Ben! :) They were working on their baby food lists!

Funny side note, my dad and Matt took the test after everybody had gone home, they each got 6 out of 10 correct. I guess men have a better eye for mashed up food. My dad did comment on how one of the foods looked like something that came from an abscess.  Thanks dad, way to let us all keep our appetite.


Anyways, after that game we played Baby Gift Bingo. Matt’s mom drew up cards that had different gift items in each box. When I’d open a gift, they would check their list and if they had it, mark an X. Six in a row would make BINGO! My old neighbor/babysitter/life time family friend received the victor’s crown in this game.
All in all, I felt so blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful women. Noah truly is already so spoiled. I say this all the time, but we are time and time again blown away by people’s generosity. Noah seriously owes a lot of thank you’s, hugs, and kisses to our family and friends. Matt and I can’t wait to tell him about all the people who loved him while he was still in my tummy.

Small glimpse of the sweet, sweet gifts we are received for Noah. The bib was a hit!

Baby Shower #2 post to come soon! :)
Love, Natalie and Noah

No comments:

Post a Comment