Tuesday, June 26, 2012

First Father's Day O' Fun


Because I was flying back on Sunday (Father’s Day) and didn’t get home until 9:30 p.m., Matt and I decided that we would celebrate his first Father’s Day on Thursday after I finished up some work and he had his office hours.
We started the day off right. I made him protein pancakes before he left for school and boy were they a hit-SO EASY! Bisquick, Protein mix, Milk and Eggs- this makes the fluffiest, protein filled pancakes that keep you full way longer than the normal Bisquick pancakes. These are now a new staple at the Clem household. (click on link below- I used 1% milk, not whole)


http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=753200

Anyways, Matt came home around noon, and we started our day o’ fun. First, we went to Rudy’s for lunch and enjoyed brisket, turkey, and potato salad (all my favorites). Noah loved sitting in the highchair and watching all the people. We gave him his first taste of BBQ sauce- it was a hit. Homeboy loves barbecue like his daddy.
Hi buddddddy!

Waiting in line for our delicious food.

 Afterwards, I gave Matt three options of what we could do for the rest of the day: swimming, movie night, or Chick-fil-a. He said all of them, SO we went swimming with Noah in our apartment pool.

Noah's new hat from Cedar Shores- PRECIOUS!

Sporting the mo-hawk!

Playing in the pool with daddy-o!

Mom, am I cute?


We took a date to Chick-fil-a without the nugget. (No pictures...oops)

This cheese ball stayed home with the nanny so we could go on our date night!
We rented two redbox DVD’s (Sherlock Holmes and Hugo) for the movie night. Sherlock Holmes was an A+ choice. Hugo was good, but I wouldn't see it again.

As for the gifts, Matt and I had agreed no gifts this Father’s Day since we had recently purchased him a bike. This meant I had to get  REAL creative. I found that I could print 25 pictures for free from CVS, so I made him a picture collage. SUCCESS! 

It was overall a great day. Matt is a wonderful father and a blessing to both me and Noah. I tell Matt this all the time, but I know that God was thinking about me when he created Matt. Noah and I continue to be amazed by the love and dedication Matt shows in leading our family. Matthew Alan Clem- Happy First Father’s Day! 


Next up on the blog- play date pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment