Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 37


Along: 37 weeks

Size of baby: Baby weighs almost 6.5 pounds and her/his total length is about 21 inches long. The peanut hasn't stopped growing yet; baby will continue to develop about a half ounce of fat a day. His/ her immune system continues to strengthen and will continue to get stronger after birth. The peanut can now grasp with her/his fingers as dexterity improves.
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  30 pounds as of last Thursday
Maternity Clothes:  I wear a mixture of both. I am down to slim pickings. Luckily with this weather change I can do leggings!

Gender: Surprise! Matt and I have decided we aren't going to talk names anymore. I have a list on my phone that we will bring with us and discuss once the peanut is born. We have the boy and girl names narrowed down to three!  

Movement: Yes! I love it. I know it wakes me up while I'm sleeping, but it still is probably my favorite thing about pregnancy. I love the sweet little jabbing reminders of the miracle I'm carrying inside of me.

Sleep: Horrible. Enough said.

What I miss: I miss walking normally and getting out of bed with ease. I feel like it's such a chore to go from sitting to standing or pick something off of the ground.

Cravings: I am at the point where I don't have a huge appetite. I crave juice and fruit.

Symptoms: Round ligament pain, Braxton hicks, dizziness, nausea, headaches, exhaustion, and pregnancy brain. I often lose track of my thoughts mid-sentence or forget what I'm doing.

Exercise: Ashley and I did a five mile walk this weekend. It was a doozy. I am going to try to keep some kind of walk routine up. I want this baby to come!

Best Moment This Week:  There are too many! Matt got a 97 on his test which is studied his butt off for. I was one proud wife who took him to celebrate at the best place ever- CHICK FIL A! On Saturday, the Longhorns defeated the Sooners. GLORIOUS! It was an incredible game that Matt has already had me watch twice. Saturday night, we had supper club and it was a joy/blast/treat. I love this special time with friends. They bless me so much. Tuesday- TAX DEADLINE DONE! No more weeknights or weekends of working- HALLELUJAH!  Let's just say I'm overjoyed and glad I survived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment