Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Noah's 2nd Month Stats

So the verdict was out-Matt and I started guessing Noah's stats on the way to the pediatrician today. I came to the conclusion that Noah was 13 pounds even and Matt guessed 12 pounds 8 ounces. Matt was closer (I hate when he wins)-Noah weighed in at 12 pounds 10 ounces-55th percentile for weight. He measured at  23 3/4 inches-80th percentile for height. I thought the chub was going to be putting him a lot higher, but it turns out our boy is tall and "lean." Somehow with the bazillion rolls on his legs and arms- I still don't believe it.


This "little" noggin was 15 and 1/2 inches around putting him in the 55th percentile for head circumference.



After all the of the fun statistics and hearing how "cute" and "sweet" he was, it was dooms day time. Noah had to get three shots and an oral vaccination. BLAHHHHHHHH. (The two pics above were taken yesterday).

This is what we have been doing all day since the shot trauma. We are giving him Tylenol every four hours, but you can tell his legs are bothering him. Poor guy, it's heartbreaking.



Confession: I had to leave the room and let Matt handle the shots. I knew I'd probably cry and I HATE needles. My parents never had to worry about a tattoo phase- I get weak at the sight of needles and blood. I haven't minded the snuggling, but I have been sad with the tears and fussiness we have seen today. Oh well- all for the safety and health of this boy! We have a break from pedi visits now- next dooms day is February 29th. I am going to have to do this one by myself- I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Happy Tuesday! Blessed to have such a healthy boy!

P.S.- The nurse Noah peed all over when he was a couple weeks old took care of him again today. She walked in the waiting room and looked at Noah. She said  "I remember you- since our little incident I now always cover the wee." Noah makes LASTING impressions- what can I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment