Wednesday, July 13, 2011

25 Weeks: A Rutabaga?



Along: 25 weeks

Size of baby:  Noah is the size of rutabaga. I have no idea what one tastes, looks or smells like, so I decided the best way for me to show you was a picture. It looks something like an onion- who knows? He is 13.5 inches. Noah is packing on the fat now. His body parts are becoming more proportional to each other and his nervous system is under a ton of development.  

GOOD NEWS- If he was to be born premature today or from now forward, he’d likely survive without much trauma to his lungs. I know that Seton hospital will deliver him after 24 weeks and a day, and North Austin will try to save the baby at 23 weeks and a day. We are getting past the scary point. My good friend is a dietitian for a NICU floor at a hospital, and she told me after 28 weeks, the baby is REALLY out of the scary zone-3 more weeks little Noah. We can DO this!

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I’m not sure-I’ll guess 13-17 pounds.  I am getting pretty huge. This is a BIG boy! Matt asked me last night if I’d feel better about my belly if he was really chubby. I think he was offering to gain some weight and take one for the team. I love Matt the way he is and don’t want him to gain weight like I have. It’s uncomfortable. I thought it was pretty sweet offer though.  He told me if it’d make me less self conscious, he’d do it. 

Maternity Clothes:   Mostly just dresses and skirts and shorts that I had already owned. I am fighting it still. The fight will be lost here in the next week. Maternity clothes here I come.

Gender:  Boy!  
Movement:  He moves enough that it makes it hard to fall asleep and get comfortable. He is quite the little kicker. Sometimes in my cubicle at work, I just watch my belly roll back and forth and thump. I swear he’s training for the Baby Olympics.

Sleep: I’ve been exhausted the past two nights and slept really hard. I still wake up throughout the night and lay there for a while, but it’s a deep sleep. I will take a deep sleep with wake ups over a restless sleep any day. The snoogle really has made it easier. I recommend pregnancy pillows 100%.

What I miss:     I miss sleeping on my back, not having aches and pains, and fitting into my clothes!

Cravings:  Fruit, fruit, fruit, sweets, sweets, sweets. I went to the grocery store and bought 5 different types of fruit yesterday along with a six pack of Twix. Matt had two cakes left over from his birthday, so Noah has definitely gotten his fair share of sweets this past week. 

Symptoms: Dizziness, leg cramps, back pain, hip pain, tailbone pain, and fatigue- all WORTH it! I try not to complain too much, but these are the symptoms of pregnancy. Let me note that they are all manageable.

Best Moment This Week:   We had a wonderful weekend in Fredericksburg celebrating Matt’s birthday with my grandparents- overall, the best moment of the week was Matt turning 23!


No comments:

Post a Comment