Saturday, June 18, 2011

Why Noah?




Let me be honest in saying that it is tough to name children. I never imagined we would have such a difficult time (especially with girl names) coming to an agreement. Matt had mentioned Noah in the very beginning of our pregnancy. I of course LOVE the name, but for whatever reason, I didn’t think much about it. I kept thinking we’d go more with a family name. As the gender reveal became closer, Matt and I decided we wouldn’t talk names until we knew whether we were having a boy or a girl-there were way too many hurt feelings on my part when he didn’t like my “unusual” names. Not talking about baby names wasn’t really possible for me though. I always want to talk baby names. I have been naming rocks, dogs, cats, trees, computers and cars my whole life. I used to distract myself while running with thinking about scenarios such as if I have sextuplets, what will I name all of the babies?  Yes. I might have a slight obsession with naming things.
Anyways, about 5 weeks ago, Matt and I were cooking dinner and I decided it was time to bring up names again. I asked him if he’d thought anymore about it and he said not really. I then said, remember in the beginning how we talked about Noah, what about NOAH? Matt lit up with a HUGE smile and quickly replied yes-Noah. As we talked more about it, it made perfect sense. Noah means comforter and peaceful. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that Noah has brought both comfort and peace to our apartment YET, but I would go as far as to say that God has. He has been nothing but faithful throughout this whole process.  We are just daily reminded that this is HIS child and not our own. We just get the privilege of raising him in a Godly home, encouraging and instructing Noah with the love of Christ
In the Bible, Noah “walked with God.” (Genesis 6:9) What more could parents want but a child that daily walks with the Lord? We pray that Noah will be remembered for his “work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thess. 1:2)  We cannot wait to welcome this little blessing into our lives at the end of October.  We cannot wait to see what God has in store for our family.


This is the video from the sonogram. I completely understand if you think it is a little strange that we posted it. I never really understood why people were so obsessed with sonograms, but once you have your own, you will be. If you pass on watching it, it will not hurt my feelings. :)

1 comment: