Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Week 27


Along: 27 weeks

Size of baby: The baby is the size of a head of cauliflower. The peanut weighs almost 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with legs extended. He/she's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her/his eyes, and perhaps even sucking her/his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, the peanut's brain is very active now.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: My guess would be 18-22 pounds. I go next Thursday for an appointment. We will do the weigh in then!

Maternity Clothes:  I wear a mixture of both.

Gender: Surprise! I think it is a girl and Matt thinks it is a boy. If Noah had his choice, it would be Mickey Mouse. (He is obsessed with him right now).

Movement: Very active! My stomach does the roll and I love it. It is such a sweet, special time between me and the peanut. I really do cherish it.

Sleep: I have taken a Tylenol pm the past two nights, and that has really helped. With the aches and pains of a baby growing, my body is sore. I try not to take much medicine while I'm pregnant, so I don't plan on making it a habit- but I will admit- that deep REM sleep has been nice.

What I miss: Nothing right now- I am trying to enjoy the end of the second trimester. I know as I get closer to my due date, the more miserable I will become.

Cravings: Cold drinks and fruit is all I can think of right now.

Symptoms: Swollen digits, back aches, mood swings (I am not a crier, but right now- I cry real easy), and pea size bladder.

Exercise: I tried out a swim class this week and loved it. I am going to try to make a habit of going once a week- it's a 5:30 am class- EARLY EARLY. I grew up swimming competitively, so it was humbling to be in the slow lane way behind the majority of the group. Also, I couldn't tell if people knew I was pregnant or if they just thought I was tubby- very humbling. I forgot to mention, the group I was swimming with was all ironman competitors and had fancy gear- flippers, boogies, kickboards, etc. All I had was a swim cap and some really cool holographic shark lens goggles Matt bought in college from Wal-Mart.  Once again, very humbling. I am being dramatic really. It was such a blessing to get out there and have the opportunity to swim with such great athletes. I have missed my CG boot camp in Austin and having a variety in my workout. It felt great to get in the water and I'm looking forward to doing in next week.

Best Moment This Week:  We had our second supper club meeting on Saturday with our Dallas buddies. This time we hosted the group and it was so much fun. In Austin, our apartment was always so small and cramped. Not anymore- we actually had room to socialize! I have decided that it really is so wonderful to have an excuse to get together once a month with a sweet group of people who love Jesus. I didn't take any pictures- womp womp.


Happy Wednesday! Here are some pics taken while we did the weekly bump shot.

The two most important men in my life.

Hilarious outtake- all I can think of is that SNL skit with Will Ferrell- who is that in my tepee ?!?!

Crackers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment