Tuesday, July 25, 2017

37: Baby Names & Fort Worth




Along: 37 weeks

Size of baby:  Winter Melon (small watermelon?) - baby is considered near-term and working on putting on baby fat. Reflexes are fully functional and baby will continue to get stronger until the big debut!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 32 pounds – more than with the boys. Oops.

Maternity Clothes: I’m down to a couple items that sound appealing and are comfortable. Everything else will remain in my closet until baby Clem appears.  

Gender: Surprise! Baby’s heartbeat was 158 yesterday. I think we may have a boy name. We sat down on Saturday to discuss- this one is brand new, so we will see if it sticks. Girl middle name has been up for debate, but I believe we settled on this as well. The boys have a name they really like, so I think we will end up going with their choice for middle name. It would be something special for her to have and mean a lot to the big brothers.

Movement: Baby is a ninja!  My ribs sometimes hurt after some of the jabs and kicks- especially when I’m laying down to sleep.

Sleep: Insomnia is here to stay- no doubt about it.   

What I miss: Cooler weather and normal body temperature. At this point, I’m always on the verge of sweating. Although this can be expected in the summer, it’s slightly more miserable pregnant. Just slightly.    

Cravings: fruit (especially blueberries and grapes), chocolate, ice cream, chips and salsa, salad, juice, smoothies  

Symptoms: I’m at a 1- 80% effaced. I have a lot of hip pain and sciatica. With the heat, constant thirst has been lingering. Braxton hicks happen a lot at night, and I feel like baby has dropped some.

Best Moment This Week:  Our family headed to Fort Worth over the weekend, so we could show our house. We did stockyards, rodeo, gun show, swimming, and zoo. We had some excellent food along with a great time! I’m so thankful for the sweet family of mine- four soon to be five. 

They may have been a little wild, so Matt worked on breathing and meditating! ha!
Fun dip- pop rocks style. Childhood candy favorite.

Little buddy and friend

No comments:

Post a Comment