Saturday, July 8, 2017

34: Baby Outfits & Landscaping






Along: 34 weeks

Size of baby:  Savoy Cabbage- baby is around 18 inches and 5 lbs. Baby’s lungs are reaching their final stage of development. His/her eyes are open when awake and closed when sleep- baby could be dreaming.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 29 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Yep. I am very thankful for all things maternity at this point.

Gender: Surprise! Baby’s heartbeat was at 153 today. One of the attending doctors has four kids. He has three girls and a boy. He told me if the Lord was doing me a favor, I’d get a girl because boys are crazy and more expensive. I was shocked to hear him say more expensive (crazy- yes totally believable). I always figured with weddings, clothes- girls would play this role. It is funny all the different input you get about gender and what’s better. For us, healthy is best!

Anyways, Matt and I both guess boy. Brother bears’ want a girl. I would say between friends and family we get a 50/50 response. My mom thinks I’m carrying more like a girl. Is it a girl or just too many bowls of ice cream? Ha!

Movement: I still have lots of movement. Baby hasn’t slowed down in this area of development. I feel it a lot at night.  

Sleep: Hit or miss. Deacon has decided he isn’t “cozy” enough to sleep in his bed right now. We have had a visitor two of the nights this week making sound sleep even more difficult.

I think he senses the change that’s coming his way. He’s holding on to being the baby for a couple more weeks and enjoying all the snuggles he can get. If I’m not working, he’s by my side- needing lot of attention. It’s been sweet to really recognize this and try to make the effort to help ease the transition coming here soon.
What I miss: Sound sleep, being able to shave my legs with ease 

Cravings: Sweets, Salad, Ice cold water, all the fruit

Symptoms: Braxton hicks, dizziness, fatigue, pregnancy brain, insomnia, swelling of hands and feet

Best Moment This Week:  My parents came up to help us with landscaping. We are still in the process of getting our house ready for sale. It was nice to have all the helping hands. While my mom was here, we went and picked out the coming home outfit for baby. It was such a fun time to celebrate baby and dream of what we might be bringing home here in the next 4-6 weeks. I will say this…why are the baby girl clothes SO much cuter? I love what we picked for the boy, but I ADORE what we got for the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment