Thursday, July 13, 2017

35: Birthday and Biking






Along: 35 weeks

Size of baby:  Honeydew Melon- nervous system and immune system are still maturing this week. Baby is putting on the fat and getting ready for the big delivery.   

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 30 pounds – a little more than I was with the boys, but I’m not going to sweat it.

Here is a good pregnancy story-

At dinner, Boys are talking about food and Matt mentions how Noah’s stomach is bigger than Deacon’s when it comes to eating and how much fits. Deacon doesn’t like to hear this because he’s all things BIG right now, so Matt then proceeds to explain in more detail about height and weight. Matt mentions that because he is taller than mommy his stomach is bigger than Mommy’s too. Noah looks at me and pats my belly- “NO DAD, look at this- Mom’s is WAY BIGGER”.

Thanks.

Maternity Clothes: We have had a mild summer here in Texas, but it’s still tough being 8 months pregnant- August baby and the heat are no joke. I’ve learned to appreciate all things loose and flowy.  I have a couple favorite dresses and tops I mostly cycle through.

Gender: Matt is 100% positive boy. I’m about 85% positive boy. Brothers think it will be a sister but are really excited for the surprise.

Movement: Baby’s limbs are on one side of my belly.  There is a lot of movement on my right side all day and night.

Sleep: With all that we have going on, insomnia is a frequent symptom for both Matt and me right now. Some is pregnancy related, and I think some now is just trying to get our minds to slow down when they are going 100 miles per hour with all that needs to happen over the next five weeks. We are thankful for God’s grace. Through this whole process, even the miracle of pregnancy- we have trusted that this is His call on our lives and seen Him move mountains to make all things fall into place.

What I miss: I miss the ability to reach my feet. I have thought multiple times, I wonder if Noah could help me paint my toes and tie my shoes for the next couple weeks. I am so not graceful getting into the position where it’s easy to reach anything below my waist.   

Cravings: Ice cold juice and water, ice cream, all things salad and chicken

Symptoms: I have still been running around 4miles two/three times a week. As of this morning, I’ve decided to put away the running shoes and stick to walking/weights. I feel fine while I run, but the pressure from the pavement and movement haunts me the rest of the day when I try to get out of a chair/couch/bed. Thankful I could do it to almost 36 weeks, but I’m totally OK to step back at this point.

Other symptoms- Braxton hicks, hands and feet swelling, pregnancy brain, fatigue, and long/strong finger nails

Best Moment This Week:  Matt turned 29 on Sunday, and let me just say- this guy is my FAVORITE. He juggles a full plate and still manages to be the best dad/husband ever. We all adore him and are so thankful for his life and the gift of joy he brings every day.

For his birthday-we had a great day- truly one for the books. Matt taught Noah how to ride his bike without training wheels. It was epic, and I’m so proud of them both. (Let’s be honest, nothing is easy in the high 90’s in the middle of the day, but they both loved it). We had bacon wrapped pork for dinner and chocolate cake for dessert. 29 will be a big year for my dude, and I can’t wait to see what the Lord has in store. 

July 4th parade- being a cool dad as always

A sword that's also a firework- win


 
Birthday Cakes. Thanks CM. (Birthday candle on steroids wasn't trusted to be on top of the chocolate mousse).

No comments:

Post a Comment