Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Barrett Samuel: One Month Old



Weight/Length- I have his appointment next week- we will know more then. (I'm waiting for insurance, so I say it's next week- but we will see- new job which means new insurance). I would guess around 8 pounds and 20.5 inches length. He is getting chubby- there are neck rolls.

Eating- Bear eats every 2-3 hours. He will give me a 5 hour stretch at night, which I take for granted. Looking back, neither of the brothers did this. He’s been doing it since 3 weeks- not every night- but probably  75% of the time. 



Bedtime/Awake- There isn’t a set schedule for this. I try to have his last real long awake time from 6:30-8:30. With all that we have had going on, I have not been able to be real consistent. He also tends to have a night about every third night where he’s up from 8pm-11 just fussing. He gets overstimulated. Once he is asleep for the night however, he stays asleep. With feedings, he’s easy to put back down.

Diapers- Barrett is in newborn diapers.

Clothes- newborn clothes- some are getting tight around that big belly


Dislikes- car rides. Homeboy notoriously cries most car rides which is hard and exhausting for all parties involved. We are in the car for an hour each morning/ afternoon between dropping off everybody and picking up. It makes for a stressed mama. I know it’s a phase and we will get past it.

If Barrett is fussy or hungry, he dislikes everybody but his mom. I haven’t had a kid like this before but he’s super attached to me. B can tell when he’s napping on me if I try to pass him off. It doesn’t fly so well for him.

Likes- Barrett loves baths. He loves to splash and feel the water. I have a tummy sleeper this time around. He likes to sleep on his belly or on his mom’s chest. I still swaddle him at night just because it’s the safest way, but naps during day are now on tummy. 

Bear loves the pacifier. I had about ten left over from Deacon who never cared for it, so I'm glad they are getting good use. 

Barrett gave his first real smile to Noah, which made big brother’s heart explode. Barrett loves to bounce and will coo while doing so.


Favorite memories for the month- This month was a whirl wind. We survived a move from Texas and adjusting to new city. His birth story is probably my favorite memory. I’ll have to blog about it when things slow down. I don’t want to forget- it was a sweet blessing and just God providing once again. I’m so thankful to be a mommy again to another boy. Barrett’s life is precious and something I will never take for granted. I'm pretty partial to the boy mom life. 

If you are curious what's on his ear, it's called an ear mold. His specific type is called Earwell. He had one ear that was sticking out and one that was in. It's all cosmetic, but we decided it was easiest to fix now and let it be even. It should be off in two weeks. It's a newer invention that is now covered by insurance. Hoot! 


No comments:

Post a Comment