Thursday, June 27, 2013

Week 21


Along: 21 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a banana or carrot. I read both- which amazes me because they both seem like two totally different sizes. Peanut is around 9-10 1/2 inches long and weighs around 10-13 ounces. His/her eyebrows and eyelids are now present. Peanut is already starting to sleep and wake in subtle cycles. His/her bone marrow, rather than the baby's liver and spleen, has taken over its permanent job of making blood cells.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I would guess 12-15 pounds. I have my next appointment on July 11th.

Maternity Clothes:  I have worn my new work pants which I love, the belly band, and a couple tops from last time with Noah. I am loving the bellyband- wish I would have thought of it and been made an instant millionaire/pregnant woman's best friend.

Gender: It's a surprise!

Movement: Yes. Yesterday, the peanut was pushing on my ribs and it was quite painful.

Sleep: Sleep is hit or miss. I am exhausted by the end of the day (couldn't keep my eyes open at 8:15 pm last night) but have trouble sleeping through the night. I toss and turn a lot.

What I miss: I miss not having to pee every hour.  

Cravings: I crave anything sweet. I love chocolate right now.  

Symptoms: Exhaustion, dizziness, swollen digits, and extra small bladder.


Best Moment This Week:  The Clem family went to Jason's Deli this past week (my favorite restaurant of this pregnancy- by far). Matt and I were deep in conversation, and Noah was done eating. I had sat Noah next to me on the booth and all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I see him standing and doing the craziest dance moves. His head was bobbing all around and his arms were a-waving. Where do they pick these things up? Noah loves people, so I'm pretty sure he was doing anything for a little attention for those that were around him. It was so cute despite there not being any music to justify the moves! I love this age and can't wait to see how Noah adjusts to being a big brother. 20 month post to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment