Saturday, June 15, 2013

Week 19



Along: 19 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is the size of an heirloom tomato.  The Peanut's arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her/his body now. The kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her/his scalp is sprouting. (Let's be honest though- if #2 takes after Noah- peanut will be bald).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have gained 9 pounds total. The doctor is great with this- just doesn't want me to put on a new 9 every four weeks.  I'm a little concerned that the new 9 pounds might be partly Bluebell ice cream weight! I confess- I think when they told me to gain weight, I accepted the challenge- maybe a little too much.

Maternity Clothes:  None yet. I'm still fighting this. The pants are TIGHT!

Gender: I would guess boy. We really are loving the gender surprise- it's been so much fun to speculate. I really wasn't tempted to look when they did the check at our big sonogram and I'm very nosy.  

Movement: Yes! It's the best.

Sleep: I wake up a lot in the middle of the night, but that's typical. The snoogle is back on the bed. It has helped me to get more comfortable and provide the back support I need. If I run, I sleep better. I'm hoping with the move to Dallas, Ashley will get my booty back in running shape and I will sleep like a rock.

What I miss: My clothes fitting. I don’t enjoy the fat stage. I really don't. I want the belly to pop.

Cravings: I love cereal and milk. I have been eating Quaker Oatmeal square cereal- I CRAVE it. I also love fruit and anything cookie/cake related.

Symptoms: I have the pregnancy tiredness and go to sleep around 9 pm. I wake up a lot with cotton mouth. I have some toe cramps and back aches. For the most part though, I feel A-OK.

Best Moment This Week: We saw Noah's little brother or sister on June 6th and everything looked great. I was anxious about this sonogram, and I'm not sure why. This time around I know more what can go wrong. Satan has been using it to have me doubt the baby's heath and make me way more of a worrier. Anyways, throughout the sonogram, I just kept thinking of scripture-leaning on the truth that God had knit this little one together in my womb.  Peanut looks great- Praise God. Measuring right on target at 8 oz.'s. It was truly amazing to watch peanut suck his/her thumb and wave to us. This baby is also very active (similar to Noah). We can't wait to meet him/her this coming fall! I sometimes have to remind myself I'm going to be a mama to TWO sweet little ones. We couldn't be MORE excited. 

They MIGHT be related. 
19 weeks on that left-18 weeks on the right- exactly two years apart


No comments:

Post a Comment