Tuesday, June 6, 2017

30: Test Driving


Along: 30 weeks

Size of baby:  SUMMER cantaloupe. Confession- my least favorite fruit is cantaloupe. I do, however, love that baby will be born in summer and at thirty weeks is the size of one. Maybe there is some redemption in this melon I've never cared for?

Little bug weighs around 3.5 pounds and can recognize my voice. His/her brain continues to develop. Baby’s eyes can track light.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 22 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Yes- my “go-to” items are maternity dresses.  

Gender: Heartbeat was at 152. This is higher than both brothers were, so doctor said there is a chance it could be a girl! Boys both say sister these days, but Matt and I are almost positive it’s a boy.

Movement: Kicks, punches, hiccups, you name it- I’ve felt it. This baby is WILD!     

Sleep: I’ve been doing better is this part. I still wake up multiple times in the night, but I can usually fall back asleep. This morning was a 5 am and wide awake type day, but that hasn’t been very typical over past two weeks. I am very thankful for this.   

What I miss: Not waddling. I feel like between my tailbone aches, my hip soreness, my Charlie horses, and all these little things that involve walking- I look like a duck moving around.

Cravings: anything cold- ice water, ice cream. I love a good salad. We have been doing a lot of eggs (maybe it’s because we have chickens), but I think that would also fit in the craving category as well. They always taste good. Random- I’ve made four batches of Rice Krispy treats this pregnancy- that’s four more than I’ve made over past probably three years. Matt even commented on how I’m kind of obsessed.  

Symptoms: back aches, sun spots on my cheeks, tailbone pain, hip socket soreness (brought out some yoga moves to hopefully help with this), LONG and STRONG fingernails, poor circulation, heightened emotions, and fatigue


Best Moment This Week:  With baby bug on the way, we have decided to purchase a car that will safely fit three car seats and a 90 pound German shepherd. We aren’t anywhere near buying it (later this fall- August), but we had a really nice time test driving them this weekend. We got a sitter and Matt and I hit the road. You know you are parents when a date is fist bumping after driving around some minivans. We made a list of pros/cons with point systems, did more research, and will continue to pray about it. There are a lot of changes coming this family’s way! As of now, we think we will go with a suburban or minivan. Win-win in my book!


The original nuggets- big brothers to be!

Waiting for the first test car- he's stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment