Saturday, July 20, 2013

Week 24


Along: 24 weeks

Size of baby: The peanut is about the size of an earn of corn and has gained about 1/4 of a pound since last week. The baby now weighs more than 600g. She/he is starting to fill the space in my womb. Baby's brain is growing rapidly, taste buds have fully developed, and her/his footprints and fingerprints are continuing to form.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14 pounds as of last Thursday- I think technically I should gain about a pound a week from now until the
Peanut comes. If that's the case, I will be right on target with how much I gained with Noah.

Maternity Clothes:  A mixture. I have definitely retired a lot of pants and shorts this week that no longer fit. Pants that were super baggy on me pre-pregnancy now fit just right. Needless to say, I've been adding on the chub.

Gender: It's a surprise. If you ask me this week, I would say boy. The OBGYN-whom I LOVE LOVE LOVE- commented on how low I am carrying the nugget. Low makes me think boy, but the heart rate was 148, so that makes me think girl. Your guess is as good as mine!

Movement: Oh yes! I told Matt Tuesday night that I think the peanut is more wild than Noah. There is so much movement in my belly- I absolutely love it.

Sleep: Blah.

What I miss: I miss being able to fit in small spaces, bend over easy, and move quickly. I feel like it is much more a chore to do the easy, everyday tasks.

Cravings: Berries, Grapes, Apples, Juice, Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Cookies, Bread with Butter, Greek salad, chicken salad, pasta salad- pretty much anything cold and refreshing. I will watch a show, the characters will be eating something and I will instantly want it. Matt thinks I'm ridiculous- which I am- but it's crazy how your body's sense of food heightens while pregnant.

Exercise: I am still running/walking 3-4 times a week, so I justify my bad cravings with exercise. My goal is to stay active as long as I can with the peanut. I think it made a difference while in labor with Noah and also helped with not gaining 100 pounds. It's been so nice to have a running buddy that lives so close. Noah and KBOW benefit too. It gets them out in the fresh air, and they will babble back and forth. Running has been a great way to handle the stress of everything, enjoy fellowship with Ashley, and get a farmer's tan. Will I last 16 more weeks? Probably not. My goal is to make it to 35 weeks.

Symptoms: Pressure- oh yes- lots of pressure everywhere. By the end of the day, I have sausage toes and cankles. The OBGYN said that I would have it worse this time. If you carry low with the first, you will carry even lower with the second. Oh goody! I pee about every 30 minutes while I am awake and usually once in the middle of the night. I have also had my legs fall asleep more as well as just the back aches and pains. I'm sure carrying my 27 pound toddler doesn't help that either.

Best Moment This Week:  Saturday night we headed over to Rockwall to celebrate Baby Hannah. Alli and Justin are expecting a beautiful baby girl in August. It was my first couples baby shower to attend and I loved it. Matt and I feel so blessed to walk into a city where we already have a community of believers who live life with joy and purpose. I can't wait for Baby Boy Baker, Baby Clem, and Baby Hannah to grow up together. They will be the three musketeers running their mamas wild (along with Noah and KBOW as well). 
Baby Clem, Baby Hannah, Baby Baker

Supper Club Girls

The boys minus KBOW ( dood looks like a little man in this pic).

Clem-in-Mexican Attire

No comments:

Post a Comment