Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Week 23


Along: 23 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a mango. He/she can feel me dance, which I love because Noah, Matt, and I have dance parties often. The peanut is more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound.  Blood vessels in her/his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I would guess 15 pounds. I have my appointment tomorrow. YIKES! I'm nervous Matt's birthday cookies that I've been feasting on might have added some more cushion.

Maternity Clothes:  I love the belly band. I use that most of the time. I also have been doing my normal cotton dresses. It's so stinking hot- the less clothes the better.

Gender: It's a surprise! Matt still thinks boy. My guess would be girl.

Movement: Yes. Matt feels him/her a lot now. It's so fun. I love the movement. It is such a sweet reminder of the gift I'm carrying.

Sleep: Bad. I wake up a lot and have trouble falling back asleep. By the end of the day, I'm very fatigued.  

What I miss: I miss not always feeling so hot and swollen. I've had my wedding ring off this week because my fingers are just so plump and tender.

Cravings: I love cold things. Cold pasta salad, cold fruit, cold cookies, cold beverages, cold anything really. I made some vegetable chili this week and it just doesn't sound good. It's so hot- poor choice on my part. I have realized that my dinner menu for the next month or two is going to be summer dishes.

Symptoms: Fatigue, swollen feet/legs/hands, pressure all around, small bladder with small window to go pee (sometimes I really don’t think I'm going to make it- at work that is NOT acceptable), and irritability. I am much snappier sometimes- saying things I definitely don't mean. Matt is a trooper. He loves me unconditionally and just shakes it off.

Best Moment This Week:  This was such a great week for us. Thursday, we did the Fourth of July parade with the Bakers. Friday, we had our first supper club meeting at the Lewis household- wonderful fellowship even though we lost to the Lewis duo in Nerts. Yes, I still hate to lose.  Saturday, Ashley and I went swimming while Matt installed THREE fans in our house (studly, I know). Sunday, we tried out a new church and loved it. They sing a lot of the same songs we sang out the Stone and the people there were so welcoming and kind. Tuesday, Matt turned 25 and we grilled out. The worst part about all of this- I took zero pictures (besides on the Fourth of July). I know, what's wrong with me. I think just getting into the normal swing of things- I failed to pull out the camera as much as I should have. I am going to do a post on the Fourth of July parade this week, so I will leave you with a picture Ashley sent me today while watching Noah.



This has been one of God's greatest blessings in our move to Dallas- Noah has a best friend. These two boys are together around three to four times a week and LOVE each other. It is the sweetest relationship and I can't wait to watch it grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment