Monday, April 1, 2013

17 months




Somebody stole my baby and gave me a little boy. I know, I know. I say this all the time. I am a broken record, but I really do mean it. I've watched my little bald baby turn into this independent, wild, sweet, boy and I don't know where the time went.

CHEEEEEESY SMILE- He loves it Grandpops

17 months- Noah you are almost half a year. You are quite the chatter box. I call your dad on my way home from work, but lately I've been talking to you. Well, I should say listening to you. You will talk into that phone for a good 10 to 15 minutes. I can make out some of the words, but for the most part, it's a lot of gibberish. It's so cute. This month,  you have added to your vocabulary words like cookie, apple, Mimi, Grammy, Nana, mommy, daddy, baby, more please, go, meow,  hungry, night-night, hot, yummy, poo-poo, and this list goes on. There is a new one every day.



You love to do the itsy bitsy spider, this little piggy, and count. You want us to count if you are going down the slide. You raise your little "1" finger to start the countdown.  We do the countdown for anything to go down the slide- bunny, your cars, whatever it is- you love the countdown. You will spontaneously spin in circles and walk with your hands behind your back- Matt calls it the inspector.



This month, you have told us around 8-10 times when you are ready to go "nigh-night". You grab your pacifier, blanket, and start heading back to your room saying "nigh-night". You are a little boy who knows what he wants. You also tell us when you have a dirty diaper. You will point to your diaper and tell me if you went "poo-poo". I even had one time where I thought you were lying to me- I couldn't smell it, but you weren't. I opened the diaper and lo and behold- you didn't want that crust sticking to your booty anymore.


Matt taught you "more please" by saying it and patting your tummy. You do it all the time. You said "cookie" and then "more please" this past week.  I obliged, it was too cute to ignore. You also say "hot" when you see food that is steaming. You had been eating eggs every morning this month (now refusing of course) and every time you'd tell me hot and blow on it.



The best part about this month is watching you and your daddy's relationship develop. You give him these spontaneous pats on the backs all day long. That's how daddy shows you he loves you- hard pats. You do the same. It is so sweet. (Mommy gets the hugs and snuggles).  You two are wild together. Some nights I can barely watch-y'all throw balls at each other, tackle each other, and wrestle each other. Noah- you are quite the acrobat these days. You are cautious, but you are really into climbing all over the couch and jumping on it like it's a trampoline.


You understand way more than you can say. I told you I was going bye-bye and you immediately grabbed me and didn't want to let go. I'll ask if you are hungry and you will squeal and run to the refrigerator. We have already seen some time out from you because of deliberate disobedience. You do not like to be told no and will throw a fit. When you are angry, you will stomp your feet and throw things. (I kind of know where you get it from and it's not me).



BUT…most people who meet you comment on your sweet disposition and constant smile. You save the fits for home, and I am thankful for that. Noah Walker, you are my wild child and my blessing from Jesus. I can't wait to see what this next month holds. We love you!



(These are pictures from our baby/bike wash, Easter, and play day outside- I'll do more Easter pictures this week and a post on what Noah likes to eat).

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the blog Natalie, I just love hearing about his new words and likes/dislikes. It makes me feel as if I am there! :)

    ReplyDelete