Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Our Pea in a Pod is 9 months old

He was not sitting still for any of these pictures. 

Weight/Length : Noah is 18 and a half pounds. He is 27.5 inches long. The doctor says he looks perfect.

Hi Mom. No pictures for this boy. I'm crawling.

Eating: Noah drinks milk every 3 to 4 hours. We feed him solids 2-4 times a day. It just depends on what we are doing that day. He’s a great eater and not picky at all. I think his favorite new treat is getting two or three little tiny bites of mommy’s nightly ice cream. He gets so excited when he sees my mug of “Blue Bell Christmas Cookie in July” and instantly pulls up on my leg, stands, and talks to me until he gets his share. I wish I could take back all the sweets I ate while I was pregnant. It seems Noah has inherited my sweet tooth.
Where'd your pants go crazy kid?!?
Bedtime/ Awake:  This is my favorite new development for Noah now that we have moved into a two bedroom apartment. Noah sleeps anywhere from 12 to 13.5 hours a night. We put him down between 7 and 7:30. He will sleep until 8 or 8:30. He has dropped the little morning cat nap and just takes two naps during the day. These two naps last about an hour.
Call me MAYBE?

Diapers: He is in 3’s. I think we will be here for a while.
My Walking Buddy that Moved to South Carolina. Had to document before she left. Noah LOVES Brittany!


Clothes: He is in 6 month, 6-9 months, 6-12 months, or 9 month outfits. It really all depends on the brand and what type of outfit. A lot of his 6 month sleepers have gotten too small, but the little short sleeve outfits fit fine. 
MINE!
Favorites: Noah is a crawling machine. He loves to crawl from couch to couch and pull up. He is very attached to mommy these days- definitely more separation anxiety. He is my shadow and will follow me from room to room. He wants his mom to be on the floor playing with him at all times.
My new favorite lantern from Nana!
Noah loves cheerios- Pops introduced these to him and he has been a cheerio addict ever since. With brain development and hand-eye coordination, Noah is now a lover of all interactive toys. Some of the songs on these toys have already gotten old because we listen to them over and over again. His favorite truck as of late is this wagon with animals that make noises and sing.  He also loves this singing lantern his Nana gave him.
My sweet boy. His eyes look brown here- but in real life- still bluish green.
Noah has also graduated from mini tub to big tub. We do baths every night now with the “crawling knees” he develops-they get DIRTY. I put some bath toys in the tub that Nana gave us a while back and he is obsessed.
Toys, toys, toys, toys

Dislikes: Noah doesn’t like when mommy won’t hold him on demand. He doesn’t like to have his diaper changed unless he is holding a toy. He is almost impossible to change these days because he instantly tries to roll over.  He doesn’t like to get his face wiped.
Can I help you cook mom? PUH-LEASE!
Tricks: On July 23rd, Noah had his first tooth break through. We have been waiting for this forever, so it was so exciting to actually feel and see a little pearl in his mouth. He can pinch and put his food in his mouth. Noah crawls and pulls on legs when he wants to be held. He is VERY verbal. I think as a first and only child, he is constantly mimicking Matt and me. He is saying “BA, GA, DA, MA, UH, AH, EH, and MEOW.” Noah’s hair is growing rapidly. It’s so cute. He has this hair that grows over his ears- we call him Benjamin Franklin. He looks like an old man.

*Matt added the meow. Sorry this post is so late. We just moved in and work has picked up. My time has been limited. 

We feel so blessed to raise this little wonder. He continues to make us laugh everyday! :)

Big boy feeding himself!


2 comments: