Thursday, August 18, 2011

Clem-in-life-update!

We have had a lot going on and I thought it was time for an update.
Matt had his orientation this week for his Masters Program he starts on Monday at the University of Texas Austin. Let’s just say that he is really excited- I give him props- you couldn’t pay me to go back to school. He will be taking 12 hours this first semester. It looks like his schedule will be something like classes on Monday and Wednesday and one on Friday. This means Tuesday and Thursday will be jam packed with studying.  We have set up a nice little desk in our bedroom for him to study at. I have a feeling he will be sitting there a lot. We are thankful for the new layout of the apartment- so much more room for our things.
Matt has been an awesome husband for me this past week. Work has gotten super busy- he has taken up the slack and done most of the house chores (cooking, cleaning, errands, laundry, you name it). I’d seriously be lost without him. He made Poppy seed chicken for us on Tuesday and chili for us on Wednesday- he’s quite the chef. He jokes that what he has made tastes better than when I make it (sadly, I agree 100%-stud chef).
I’m starting up the fifty-fifty five hour work weeks again. We actually drove home that Saturday night after Alli’s wedding so I could work on Sunday- let’s just say things are really picking up. I have a count down on my desk though- 28 days until September 15th. I think I can, I think I can.
We also have been trying to be more social in this new apartment.  We have been having couples over for dinner and really enjoying the fellowship and community. It is amazing how God blesses the time with special friends. We are thankful for the community Austin Stone has provided as well as getting to see old friends.
Life has been treating us well. We are healthy, happy, and excited to see what God has in store.
Have a wonderful weekend!


P.S. We received a precious package in the mail today. Here was what goodies we found in side. Thank you Nana! (a.k.a Matt's mom, Laurie)

No comments:

Post a Comment