Sunday, April 16, 2017

23 weeks: Night of Knights


Along: 23 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is size of mango. This sweet buddy is 11 inches long and weighs about 1 pound.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 14/15 pounds

Maternity Clothes:  I can still fit in my sport shorts, but normal pants/shorts have to have belly band. I love my maternity jeans and do a mixture of non-maternity/maternity with the dresses. This week I’ve had two people stop me and comment on the belly.

Gender: It will be a surprise until August. When we had the heartbeat done on Wednesday, it was at 147. Noah asked one of the doctors “Can you please tell me if it’s a boy or a girl?” I think he’d hoped that wand could do more than just provide the heartbeat. Both of the boys are very excited for our new addition this fall. They love to tell people I’m PREGAAAA NANT (it’s very emphasized when they say this word).    

Movement: Like his/her brothers, this baby is active and wild. I love it! I’ve felt the hiccups on and off with this one too. I feel like early in the morning we are in the routine of some kind of jazzercise routine around 3 am that lasts until about 5 am. It’s a sweet reminder of the miracle growing inside of me.  I have two hearts right now J

Sleep: Ha! I fall asleep easily but the 3 am insomnia strikes most nights. I do sometimes fall back asleep around 5 am, but it’s a very restless sleep.

What I miss: I miss getting in and out of bed easily. As the belly has grown, this has become harder. I also find I’m winded faster in walking, workouts, or just everyday activities.  I also miss sleeping on my back.

Cravings: Milkshakes, bell peppers, and pizza (random- YES)

Symptoms: Fatigue, insomnia, light headed- dizzy, pregnancy  brain, irritability, and wild emotions (I cry really easy and about nothing sometimes)  

Best Moment This Week:  We had a really fun Friday night at a local restaurant that has air hockey and ping pong. The boys LOVED air hockey. It has been so fun to do big kid things with them lately. They are both really competitive and enjoy trying out anything that involves a ball/winning or losing.  

Saturday my parents came in town for the kids’ school festival. It was an International Festival full of songs and dances. The boys were so cute on stage. They both knew all the words and took it quite seriously. I’ll have to say I’m a little happy it’s over- I could only handle the CD for so long. It’s all they want to listen to.


Afterwards, we headed to Medieval times for a night at the castle. We sat front row with my parents and brother. The boys were open mouthed the entire show- watching all of the sword fights, horse riding, and eating with their hands. It was a really fun Saturday. We were all wiped come Sunday- when I turned 24 weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment