Sunday, March 12, 2017

18 Weeks- that's right I'm back




Along: 18 weeks

Size of baby: Baby is the size of a sweet potato.  Love bug’s facial features are developing. He/she is kicking around and can hiccup, yawn, and swallow.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I would guess 10-12 pounds. I have an appointment next week. I’m still having the nausea but it hasn’t necessarily inhibited the appetite. Ooops- really loving those empty empty carbs.

Maternity Clothes: - I have LOVED maternity pants and belly band these past two weeks. The pressure on my stomach of a normal pant is too much.  I think the need for stretchy pants is a lot sooner than it was with Deacon and Noah. I guess my stomach knows pregnancy well now, so it does it more quickly.

Gender: I would think boy. I also have had extended morning sickness so maybe girl. It is hard to know, but we will do surprise gender like Deacon. We LOVE the surprise.

We really don’t have a preference and struggle when people comment on how we need a girl. Of course we would love it, but I also love being a boy mom. It’s all I know, so the thought of three little boys running around really makes me just as excited and pink and lace.

Movement: Yes! This happened around 15 weeks. It is so fun, and I can’t wait for the boys to feel it. They are so excited to meet baby in August.

Sleep: I have midnight insomnia. I usually do this for a couple nights in a row and then sleep like a rock come day three of it.

What I miss: I miss enjoying coffee. I still have some in the morning, but I do not enjoy it like I used to pre-pregnancy. I also miss not feeling nauseous. I have a hard time wanting to cook or meal planning. I don’t really have cravings- more aversions and it makes the joy of eating and cooking harder.

Cravings: Bagels & cream cheese, peanut m&ms, fruit (bananas)

Symptoms: I have strong food aversions. I also have issues with texture- like I can’t do smoothies. I have headaches at night and extreme exhaustion most nights. I need about twelve hours of sleep I feel like.



Best Moment This Week: Matt’s mom came to help with boys during spring break. She made meat loaf and a homemade cake. Let me say- after working a long day, there is nothing better. It’s been such a joy to have her around. We are very thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment