Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Randoms and Photos


1) I forgot how much I utilize bath time when daylight savings happens. It’s dark at 5:30- this make for an early night in the house and a long gap between dinner and bedtime. It isn’t unheard of at our house to have boys in the bath tub 30 minutes+ each night/ every other night. It keeps them out of trouble and me sane.


2) Our house loves pumpkin pie. Matt’s mom was in town and baked one for Deacon’s birthday. It was finished off it two days. I’m still thinking about it…one week later.


3) I have recently have had a LITTLE time to read. When I do read, I try to make sure the books are worth the time. Two recommendations for winter that won’t disappoint: “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes and “Storyteller” by Jodi Picoult. I could not put either of them down and hated when they were over.

4) Speaking of reading, I am super pumped about reading Harry Potter with Noah in the next couple years. I LOVE the books and have read each twice. I can’t wait for a nightly routine of reading together- discussing our favorite characters and watching his excitement/imagination come to life. #nerdmom

Also- introducing them both to Star Wars. #boymom

5) Matt and I started looking at cars (nothing serious); we just like to plan ahead like 5 to 10 years down the road.  I never thought I’d admit this BUT a mini-van sounds appealing. The idea of having space and room for our family of four plus 90 pound German Shephard is so tempting. I just don’t know if I could completely commit- it’s like jumping on the soccer minivan boat without a life raft.



6) I am stuck on this scripture- Ephesians 5:1 “Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children.” Charles Spurgeon has a great sermon on this page. It’s been my “fight song” as little issues come my way. Spurgeon said this “Sitting at the feet of Jesus must be succeeded by following in the footsteps of Jesus.” AHHH. LOVE IT. Here is the full sermon if you are interested in some meat. 

http://www.spurgeongems.org/vols28-30/chs1725.pdf







No comments:

Post a Comment