Friday, November 1, 2013

Week 39

Why hello sleep deprived mama!
Along: 39 weeks

Size of baby: The baby is the size mini watermelon. Baby is around 7 pounds and continuing to gain baby fat each day.
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I'm still going strong at 29 pounds as of yesterday. I think I'm actually now at 28.5 but whose counting?
Maternity Clothes:  At this point, my outfit of choice is shorts and a t-shirt. I am always hot. The tighter the clothes- the more suffocated and itchy I feel. I'm so ready for A) the cooler weather to come back and B) to have wardrobe options

Gender: Matt and I still think the peanut is a boy! The game plan is to bring 3 names of each into the hospital and decide there.

Movement: It has slowed down quite a bit.

Sleep: Bad. Bad. Bad. Bad.

What I miss: I miss food tasting good and sleeping through the night. I'm at the point where nothing sounds good. I just eat because I know I'm supposed to and I feel worse if I don't.

Cravings: Powerade, Gatorade, and anything cold.

Symptoms: Round ligament pain (legitimate peg leg as I walk sometimes), contractions, dizziness, nausea, headaches, exhaustion, and sciatica.

Exercise: I have walked a lot this week between 2-5 miles every day. I thought I was going into labor on Tuesday, so I hoped walking would help speed things up. It turns out those contractions were just for fun.   

Best Moment This Week:  We celebrated the dood's birthday this past weekend. It was small and we did a lot of little things to make him special (doughnuts, parks, ice cream, all things he loves). I think my favorite part was us dressing up as a Pac-man family and going to a party with Matt's cohort. Aren't we cute?





I have also had so many special moments with Noah this week. He has been very sweet and super affectionate to both Matt and me. There are lots of kisses, hugs, and chair rocking. I think he knows he is about to be promoted to big brother/ dethroned as the baby. He LOVES baby Hannah and Kaleb, so I think he is going to be a very good big brother.



No comments:

Post a Comment