Tuesday, November 19, 2013

2 Year and 2 Week Appointments

Last Friday, Matt and I ventured to the pediatrician to have the boys checked on. Noah was due for his two year appointment and Deacon was up for the 2 week appointment. The timing worked out perfect.

Noah is measuring right at the 50% for everything- weight, height, and head circumference. He was such a trooper the whole visit. He even had his finger pricked and shed zero tears. I was one proud mama because I absolutely hate needles. I don't think I could have been that brave. The doctor commented on his verbal skills. She said at two years old, she expects to understand 50% of what a kid says. When Noah was talking (which is at all times), she understood 100% of what he was saying. It was an awesome thing to hear as a mom. 

As of last Friday, Deacon weighs 7 pounds 3 ounces and is 20.25 inches long. I knew they had measured him wrong when he was born (nurse said 18.25). That always seems to happen to my babies. They don't like to stretch out when they come out. Deacon is 25% for weight and 50% for height. With him gaining all of his birth weight back, I can now let him sleep through the night. Last night, he slept for 5 hours. I'm not sure if it was a fluke or if the 2.5 hour fuss session before helped tucker him out- but I'll take it!

We are surviving as a family of four. There are so awesome times and there are hard times. It all takes time to adjust, so I'm not unrealistic to think that it will be easy as 1, 2, and 3. I've learned to enjoy the moments it is easy and cling to Christ when it is hard.
I'm so thankful to have Matt by my side through the journey. He has been my right hand man taking care of all the little things I can't think of. He even did a grocery run and mopped my floors after an exhausting day of research/school work.


Here are a couple more recent pictures! Happy Tuesday!






No comments:

Post a Comment