Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our Pea in the Pod is 6 Months Old!



My Big Boy!
Weight/Length: 26.5 inches (45%) and 17 pounds 4.5 ounces (50%). It looks like Noah Walker is right in the middle once again! Matt took him to the doctor today, and everything checked out excellent! Homeboy’s head is in the 80%- you know what they say- big head- big brain.

Happy Baby!

Eating: Noah eats about every 3 hours. He eats between 4 to 8 ounces depending on the time. Homeboy has solids between two to three times a day in addition to the b-milk. This month, he has tried peaches, pears, apples, pickles, limes, carrots, and a little finger food here and there. I’d say pears are his favorite. He loves all fruits, but I swear the container of pears is gone lickety split.
I'll munch on anything!

Bedtime/ Awake:  He will sleep 10-12 hours during the night. This started happening again about three weeks ago and boy am I glad. We put him down between 8-9 and he will sleep until 6:30-8. The doctor gave us the A-OK not to dreamfeed him anymore. I would sometimes feed him around 10 if I didn’t think he had gotten enough food. She said to now let him get uninterrupted sleep. No problem by me, I’m all for it.

Swimming Buddy!
Diapers: He is in 2’s. We might need to start trying 3’s sometime soon. We keep having major blow outs, so the diapers might be getting a wee too snug.

King of Vegas
Clothes: Homeboy is in 6 month outfits. I find myself chuckling at his outfits sometimes- some of the sleeves on the 6 month clothes are too tight because of his big muscles chub rolls. This boy has cottage cheese arms and thighs! Watch out ladies- muscle man on the prowl.
I found my thumb to munch on for a bit mom.

Favorites: He loves to be outside. It is his favorite thing in the whole world. When we are reaching for the keys by the door, he knows we are headed outside and you literally can watch him start jumping up and down. His whole body shakes with excitement. The nugget also loves his bouncer. He is a jumping machine. He even tries to jump while we hold him- (arm workout). Noah loves to snuggle and be the center of attention. He will let you know if you are not giving him enough attention- it’s his way or the highway. He is a ticklish monster and quite the giggle box. He snuggles his mama when he is tired and wants to be soothed. Noah Walker is a joy!  
Oh Hello Opa!
Dislikes: Noah doesn’t like to have his face wiped when it is a hot mess of food. He does not like to be bored and left alone.
Who me? I'm innocent! That diaper wasn't mine.

Tricks: Noah is a babbling machine. His words are changing all the time. There is a lot of mama, baba, aahhh these days His hand eye coordination gets better every day. He is sitting up (has been doing that for a while). He sleeps unswaddled and can roll himself over if he really wants to. Noah hasn’t shown any signs of crawling yet, but I know we will get there. I need to be more diligent about tummy time. It seems to me he would rather walk on his feet than be on his belly crawling. My favorite new development- he does this fake cough to get attention. It’s like “look at me” and he loves the noise he makes when he does it. It’s super cute.

Family photo at Easter
Questions we are asked-
Is he teething? No not yet. No sign of teeth, he just loves to put everything in his mouth. There is a lot of drool as well, but the doctor confirmed it yesterday- no teeth.
Is he crawling or walking? No not yet.
Does he have hair? WHY YES! He is going to be my blonde hair, blue eyed boy. His hair growing in big time right now. I love it!

Love this face. So Much.


No comments:

Post a Comment