Wednesday, May 4, 2011

15 Week Update



Along: 15 weeks
Size of baby: Baby is the size of a navel orange. This week Clementine can be startled by sudden noises. He/she can get hiccups frequently, and Clementine now has his/her own fingerprints.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have no idea. Tomorrow is my 15 week check up. I will know more. Last time I went, the nurse told me at 15 weeks and forward she wants to see me gain some weight. I don’t think that will be a problem. Matt and I have been destroying Bluebell ice cream. We go through a tub a week. This week is vanilla with sprinkles, cake balls, and chocolate sauce. I’ll be honest and say I don’t think this tub will even last a week.  
Maternity Clothes: I’m still wearing my normal clothes.
Gender: I still think girl. We have the boy name already picked out, so part of me hopes it is a boy so we don’t have to worry about names anymore.
Movement:  No movement yet. It could be any day now. It also could be 3 to 4 weeks from now.
Sleep: I have been having lower back pain. It makes it harder to get comfortable. I still sleep 8 to 10 hours a night, so I still really can’t complain.
What I miss:  I miss the little things that I can’t do now that I’m pregnant. Matt and I talked about joining a soccer team before we found out about Clementine-that really isn’t an option now with the baby. One soccer ball to the belly could be BIG trouble. When my friends go to the lake, I’m not going to be able to talk smack and tell them they can’t throw me off the tube. Tubing isn’t really an option. One belly flop could be HUGE trouble. BUT besides that, I feel really blessed. This baby is a gift not a burden, so I can’t complain too much.  
Cravings:  Mangos, Pickles, Olives, Salad, and Gumbo. I have eaten all of these things this week. Usually, I just make or buy what I crave. It has been nice. The gumbo was AWESOME.  It didn’t last too long at our house.
Symptoms: Dizziness, headaches, and back pain. I read an article the other day about how moms should feel at the beginning of the second trimester. Every single one of the symptoms I had. They are those listed above. The article stated that those symptoms are due to the baby’s growth. When I read that, it made me realize all of the symptoms were totally worth it.
Best Moment This Week: Matt and I went to Central Market with my parents on Saturday to finish up the last food purchases for our big canoe trip. We first stopped at Whole Earth and did a lot of “oohing” and “aahing” over the neat camping/life gadgets they sell at that store. At Central Market, we picked out ingredients to make granola (my dad’s famous recipe), dried onions, green peppers, etc. for spaghetti, and dried blueberries for pancakes. There was much more purchased but those were some of my favorite finds for the delicious meals we will be eating while camping in the middle of nowhere. We both have been all smiles talking about this trip. I told Matt I was most excited about the books I was going to get to read. He then told me he was most excited about how much he is going to get to sleep. We are wired very differently when it comes to leisure. 

Side Note: I also gave Matt a haircut this weekend. Here is the before, during, and after....

Before.......
During...."male model"
After....
Peace, Love, and Buzz Cuts Natalie
http://vthumb.ak.fbcdn.net/vthumb-ak-ash1/v2673/79/123/1262490068/t1262490068_1128339929675_866.jpg

1 comment: