Friday, January 10, 2014

What Works for Us at Two Months


I need to post some pictures from Christmas and the visit from my side of the family, but I thought I would go ahead and post a “What Works for Us at Two Months”. 

For a two month old, this is what works and keeps me/Matt sane.

-          Scheduling: Deacon is on a 2.5 to 3 hour schedule right now during the day. In this schedule, he eats, wakes, and sleeps. At around 8 pm we do the last feeding where he is awake, I dream feed him at around 11 and he has been sleeping consistently around 7-9 hours. The past two nights he gave me 8 and 9 hours of sleep. WHOOP.

-          Aquaphor: Deacon has super dry skin. This stuff has been so helpful with taking care of it. The pediatrician said it hurts me to look at it more than it hurts him, but I’m glad to no longer see that Deacon is peeling away.

-          Swaddling: We swaddle for naps and sleep. We will do this until Deacon is showing signs of being able to roll from back to tummy. We do the full arm swaddle. It looks like a straight jacket, but he loves the warmth and tight space.

-          Pacifiers: Babywise disapproves of this but both our boys love pacifiers. I actually love them too because 1) help lower risks of SIDS 2) provide a plug to help when you can’t get them to stop crying- it soothes Deacon instantly.

-          Baby swing: This thing is in our kitchen and used all the time. It is such a great place to put Deacon when I’m trying to get dinner ready or tend to the needs of a potty training two year old.

-          Baby Bjorn: Deacon is in this thing in the morning while I clean bottles and get breakfast ready. It provides a great hands free option while also giving him the snuggle factor that Deacon loves.  Deacon will fall asleep in this thing which is hilarious.

I sent this to Matt yesterday- excuse my face. I am just showing how y'all much Deacon loves this carrier.
I will do a “What Works for Us at Two Years” post sometime in the near future as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment