Thursday, September 26, 2013

Week 34

This is taken after a run. I am trying to give you  a depiction of me at my not so cleanest. Appreciate it.
Along: 34 weeks

Size of baby: The baby is the size of a cantaloupe. This week the baby weighs a little over 5 pounds and is around 17-20 inches long. The peanut's fingernails have reached his/her fingertips. The baby is putting on more fat every day and the vermix caseosa (coating that protects baby skin) is getting thicker.
 Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Confession- I can't exactly remember where I started at weight wise. I have pregnancy brain horrible this time around. It's so hard for me to remember little details like where I put things or what I was getting up to do. I've either gained 26 or 28 pounds. At this point, I eat when I'm hungry and still enjoy food.

Maternity Clothes:  I wear a mixture of both.

Gender: SURPRISE! The baby's heartbeat was at 178 on Tuesday. That makes me think girl. Matt's guess is still boy. There still hasn't been any decisions on names. We are getting great suggestions from family members and friends.  

Movement: Painful and all the time. I love it. Sometimes my ribs will ache if he/she keeps pushing on the same spot. I've also been noticing a lot of hiccups this week. I LOVE when they get the hiccups.  

Sleep: The insomnia has been bad. I take Benadryl about every 4th night so that I will have one night of solid sleep. I really have just accepted it and moved on. There is no point in worrying about it. I just use the time to pray or think of baby names (priorities people)!

What I miss: I miss having lots of energy and not feeling like it is a chore to walk around the house, get out of my chair, or roll out of bed. Every day responsibilities are just more difficult.

Cravings: I think sweets and chicken are the two things I consistently crave. I love a good piece of grilled chicken on a salad with cheese, Italian dressing, and veggies. We probably eat this at least 3 times a week right now. I ALSO am obsessed with cookies. Paradise Bakery is my go to place this pregnancy. Luckily my work loves it, so I probably have one every week or other week. Lucky me! They are to die for.

Symptoms: Vertigo, headaches, numbness in my legs if I sit in certain positions for too long, ligament pain, back pain, swollen digits, and always thirsty

Exercise: I am going to officially retire my running shoes next week. Ashley is too, so it works out perfect. I will still try to walk 3 to 4 times a week, but for the most part, I plan on taking it easy. I love to run, but I can just tell that my body is over it and it doesn't feel as natural as it has all pregnancy. I also don't want to push my luck. This belly is large and in charge. I don't want to overdo it.

Best Moment This Week:  We had supper club at the Baker's on Friday night. I love this sweet time getting together with some of my favorite Dallas families. These couples love Jesus and love on Noah, so I really can't ask for anything better. Not to mention, the food is always amazing. Bethany sent me this picture of her husband reading with the boys that night. I really think Noah and Kaleb love supper club more than anyone else. They receive so much attention. My heart melts as I watch the men of this group love on Noah and Kaleb. There really is nothing sweeter. ALSO and most importantly, Alli and Justin brought baby Hannah for us all to meet for the first time. (Baby Hannah was born on August 27th). My oh my! What a beautiful baby! Noah was so interested. It made me excited because he was very in tune with Hannah crying and definitely knew that he had to be sweet around her. 




Dood in the rain pictures from last Friday to come! :) Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

  1. Can you believe you have 6 weeks left!?!?! Wowsers! Can't believe peanut is going to be here so soon! :)

    ReplyDelete